Sea Shepherd

Friday, May 17, 2013

The journey of Logan

Well my heart string got the best of me yet again. Not new to anyone I am sure. I rescued a poor lonely senior dog that was dumped by his owners and just left to die. I pulled him from an awful animal control in south of nowhere Georgia. His skin looked awful, he had matted hair. He is mostly deaf and blind in one eye. I had my other senior dog, she is blind, with me to make sure they got along and she approved so that was the start of Logan's journey. I called my vet on the way home and got him in right away.

The bill was a lot more than I expected but he needed me and I couldn't turn my back on him, someone already did that to him. He got all of his blood work, rabies shot, full exam and some medicated shampoo. He was so frightened and timid I didn't make him get his first bath until the next day, Friday 5/17/2013. He is taking his antibiotics like a trooper.

The bath went off much better than I could have hoped. I think he liked it and I am sure his skin feels better. He really is a sweet boy. He smells much better too. He is sleeping now. When he first got here he would not come out of the kitchen and now he is in the living room with me and the other dogs. This is the picture from animal control. I will update his picture when he wakes up. Big doggy kisses Logan.


No comments: